If you or a family member has been arrested and charged with a crime, you may be wondering how long you have to sit in jail. The answer will vary depending on several factors, one of which is whether you are given bail and how much that bail is, and the second factor is whether and when you can pay that bail.
For bail bonds in Houston, Texas, it’s best to find a professional who has experience serving all of Harris County and beyond, and who knows the laws and process for getting a bail bond in Houston. In this article, we’ll go over the bail process so that you know what to expect and then help you understand the value of having a bail bonds company on your side.
The Bail Process: Step by Step
When someone is arrested in Houston TX, there is a certain process that takes place.
- A bail hearing is held to determine the bail amount along with any other conditions of release.
- The defendant pays the bail themselves or contacts a Houston based bail bond service for assistance.
- If a bail bonding company is needed, they will explain the process and the fee for their services (usually 10% of the bail amount).
- You will complete the paperwork and pay the fee.
- The company providing bail bonds will post bond on your behalf.
- You’ll be released from jail.
- You will be expected to make all necessary court appearances and meet all other conditions of bail to keep up your end of the bargain with the bail company.
- Once the legal process has completed, the bail will be considered “satisfied” and the contract/agreement with the bail bond agency will end.
Bear in mind that if the arrestee doesn’t meet all conditions of bail, including attending all court dates, they will be deemed to have “skipped bail.” A warrant will be issued for their arrest and the bail bondsman will have to pay the full bail amount to the court. The arrestee will have broken their contract with the bail bondsman and they will be responsible for re-paying the bail bondsman the full bail amount once they are caught.
Rely on the Experts for Bail Bonds in Houston and Beyond
Our easy to use directory will help you find a bail bond agent in Houston that offers 24-hour service and can help with everything from Harris County bail bonds to bail cases in Galveston County, Fort Bend County, Brazoria County, and other surrounding areas. Our listed bail bond agents have the dedicated expertise that you need.
Some of our listed agents offer flexible and easy payments for those who need them. Use our directory 24 hours a day, seven days a week, and find a bail bond agent in Houston, Texas that fits your needs!